Thursday, November 20, 2008

Yikes! I've been tagged!

As if I haven't already revealed enough about myself in the less than two months I've been blogging, Amanda of the very wonderful, No one should see this (aka Another Wasted Love Story) tagged me. Being tagged, it seems, requires that one reveal six things about oneself, and in turn tag an additional six bloggers to do the same.

I was similarly so-bestowed by Babyrocasmama, who lauded my blog along with eight others, and in turn requested that I do the same to another group of eight. Since I don't actually know eight other bloggers, but am familiar enough with six, I have decided -- if not merely by default -- to lay it on them.

This should be interesting:

1.) I still have a once pink-and-white/now faded-and-of-indeterminable-hue stuffed something or other (I think it was meant to be a dog) I received one Christmas/Hanukkah at the age of three from wonderful friends and neighbors, Mr. and Mrs. Schell. I named it Prunella Marshmella. This makes Prunella 45-years-old come next month, which is about as perimenopausal as any plush toy can ever possibly hope to reach.

2.) I believe that of all things in life, one can never have enough bathrooms. I have five.

3.) I believe that diamonds really are a girl's best friend, and at the bank keep a safe deposit box the size of a morgue body vault to prove it (well, not really that big, but almost). However, all I wear almost every day is a watch and a Native American wedding band of silver, and once in a while, a pair of earrings.

4.) When I was 11 or 12, I became close friends with a rag mop my mother kept by the back door. I named her Sharlotta, and had many heart-to-heart talks with her, even after my brother found out and told everyone. I was loyal to the end, or at least until my mother started using a sponge mop.

5.) I slept with a nightlight until I was 26-years-old -- the same year I finally "ran away" from home.

6.) I'm terrified of being homeless. But not so terrified that I would ever live in my mother's house ever again.

I now pass this on to Will, Nancy, Babyrocasmama, Jeannie, Lynn (who, if she answers, will mark her second post ever, the first one being more than a year ago...go Lynn!) and Tara. (Actually, I just realized Babyrocasmama is exempt, because she actually fulfilled this task before she tagged me.) In any case, this is a very diverse group, which you will find out should you dare click on their names.

Ready, set...tag, you're it!

9 comments:

babyrocasmama said...

I got tagged. Thanks! Not sure if you're going to think I'm completely nuckinfuts after my answers, but we'll see.

I'll have it up in a bit.

Cheryl Podolsky said...

Have you seen mine? Now imagine if I were NOT medicated these days!

Queenie Jeannie said...

You're both adorably nutz!! =)

Why does everyone pick ME to do these??? I smell a conspiracy and sometime soon I'll be answering for these things in a dark room, with a bright light over my head.

Or people really like me. Somethin'....

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ah Cheryl, you're too kind!

How's my city???

TMI said...

Tags are so much fun! I have done a million of them about me, and I'm sure everyone's sick of hearing all about my quirkiness - plus I'm running out of things to say! But I've been tagged by you and several others this week, so I'm going to participate and answer with a twist - just do it about my husband! Now that guy is quirky!!! It should be fun!

Oh I meant to tell you. You asked how many bananas to use in the banana cream pie. There is no specific answer. My mom layers the crust with slices, puts a few in the pudding after it's been cooked, then puts a few on top of the whipped cream. I would say to have 3-4 on hand, and just figure out what the magic number is for you. Some people actually only put them on the whipped cream because they don't like the texture. It's just up to you!

Queenie Jeannie said...

You have an award waiting for you...

And if I divulge anymore weirdness the guys with white coats are gonna show up on my doorstep!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Girl! Get bloggin'!!! You're falling wayyyy behind!

What are you doing? Having a LIFE??

=)

babyrocasmama said...

Come get your present...

babyrocasmama said...

OKAY...I really hope you read this coz you've got things waitin on my blog & Jeannie's...